Jewish Federation of Greater Buffalo
Found in 15 Collections and/or Records:
Cleanup and Restoration of the Beth Jacob Cemetery Records document mainly the cemetery inscriptions, and Joshua Finkelstein’s leadership activities of Cleanup and Restoration of the Beth Jacob Cemetery in 2008.
Personal papers documenting aspects of Jewish community in Buffalo and Niagara Falls collected by Charlotte E. Gendler. Material includes minutes, newsletters, programs, photographs, and newspaper clippings relating to Temple Beth David-Ner Israel and other institutions.
Personal papers documenting the personal and career life of local communal leader, Muriel Markel Goodman. Materials include speeches, newspaper clippings, media, and other material relating to her volunteer service and professional careers in the Jewish community within several organizations. Materials relating to the Markel family are also included.
Papers documenting aspects of the work of the Holocaust Resource Center, and predecessor committees associated with the Jewish Federation. An additional series documents refugee aid, and the Haven-Buffalo Jewish Club 1933, a German-Jewish Refugee social club formed in 1933.
Personal papers documenting aspects of the Women's Activity Group of the Jewish Federation of Greater Buffalo and the Education Department. Material includes minutes, programs, photographs and newspaper clippings relating to several conferences and special events aimed towards women.
Personal papers documenting aspects of local communal leader Morris Mesch. Materials include photographs, newspaper clippings, and other ephemera related to the community Holocaust Memorial Sculpture and volunteer activities and efforts.
Personal papers documenting aspects of local community leader Rabbi Shay Mintz's work in the Jewish community. Materials include photographs, newspaper clippings, and other material relating to his professional career in several institutions including Shaarey Zedek, Hillel, and the Jewish Book Fair.
Personal papers documenting demographical aspects of the broader Jewish community in Buffalo, as well as future planning for specific Jewish organizations as created by Kenneth Rogers.
- Subject: Clippings (information artifacts) X
- Fliers (printed matter) 14
- Jews -- New York (State) -- Buffalo Region -- Archives 14
- Jews -- New York (State) -- Western New York Region -- Religion 14
- Judaism -- United States -- History 14
- Jews -- New York (State) -- Western New York Region -- Social life and customs 13
- Pamphlets 13
- Ephemera 12
- Programs (documents) 12
- Correspondence 11
- Minutes (administrative records) 11
- Photographs 11
- Invitations 9
- Reports 4
- Research notes 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Speeches (documents) 3
- Agendas (administrative records) 2
- Cookbooks 2
- DVDs 2
- Notes 2
- Presentations (communicative events) 2
- Press releases 2
- scripts (documents) 2
- Artifacts (object genre) 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Booklets 1
- Bulletins 1
- Court records 1
- Holocaust denial 1
- Holocaust survivors 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Personal narratives 1
- Inscriptions 1
- Jewish cemeteries -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- Jews -- New York (State) -- Buffalo Region -- Genealogy 1
- Jews -- New York (State) -- Buffalo Region -- Social life and customs 1
- Jews -- Persecutions 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Maps (documents) 1
- Memoirs 1
- Personal correspondence 1
- Plaques (flat objects) 1
- Position papers 1
- Proofs (printed matter) 1
- Righteous Gentiles in the Holocaust 1
- Rosters 1
- Temples -- New York (State) -- Niagara Falls 1
- Testimonies 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Atrocities 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration Camps 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Jewish resistance 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Jews 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Jews -- Rescue 1
- renderings (drawings) 1
- sketches 1 + ∧ less