Hooker Chemicals & Plastics Corp.
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
A portion of the original video footage shot for the PBS documentary, "In Our Own Backyard," produced by Lynn Corcoran, with detailed tape log notes.
Materials collected by Dr. Adeline Levine, Department of Sociology, State University of New York at Buffalo, for her book Love Canal: Science, Politics and People, published by Lexington Books in 1982. This collection includes a copy of the Quit Claim Deed, dated April 28, 1953, in which land was transferred from Hooker Electrochemical to the Niagara Falls Board of Education for the sum of $1.
Papers related to the career of Dr. Adeline Levine (1925-2015), Department of Sociology, State University of New York at Buffalo. Includes correspondence, writings, teaching and research material, and documentation of professional involvement with the Pro-Choice Network of Western New York.
Research material, including field notes, audio interviews, transcripts, and correspondence related to Adeline Levine's research with residents of the Love Canal neighborhood of Niagara Falls, New York, who were affected by the man-made environmental disaster.
- Love Canal Chemical Waste Landfill (Niagara Falls, N.Y.) 3
- Audiocassettes 2
- Chemical plants -- Waste disposal -- Environmental aspects -- New York (State) -- Niagara Falls 2
- Hazardous substances -- Environmental aspects 2
- New York (State) -- Niagara Falls -- Hazardous waste sites 2
- Photographs 2
- Audiovisual materials 1
- CD-ROMs 1
- Child welfare -- History -- United States 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Clippings files 1
- Color slides 1
- Diaries 1
- Field notes 1
- Interviews 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Manuscripts (document genre) 1
- Sociologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Sociology -- Study and teaching -- United States 1 + ∧ less